PACIFIC NORTHWEST CHAPTER MEETING - 11 December 2012
Global Year End Round Up: International Preparation for 2013 and a Look Back at 2012
To compliment international year-end planning, this presentation will focus on two distinct but related topics:
- a look forward to year end, discussing international year-end actions that every stock plan professional of a multinational organization should be aware of, along with;
- a review of the 2012 Deloitte Global Equity Plan Survey, highlighting lessons to learn from the past and international equity compensation strategies that might be employed in the future.
Many stock plan professionals are focused upon the US obligations that circle around every year. However, there are multiple other countries that require action, where action is highly recommended, or where rules have changed and/or are about to change, as we roll into 2013. Our presenters will summarize those actions and considerations.
Additionally, we will take a look back at the international landscape from 2012 via the Deloitte Global Equity Plan Survey. For many years, the Deloitte Global Equity Plan survey has been one of the industry’s most comprehensive and widely completed (both in terms of number of survey participants and geographic locations of survey participants) surveys. Deloitte will discuss the most recent survey in which over 270 equity plans were captured. Discussion topics will include:
- Trends around type of equity vehicle
- Motivation for offering (or not offering) global equity plans
- Country specific design challenges and trends (e.g., reactions to the Australian tax rule changes, trends in China, qualified plan prevalence around the world, etc.)
FEE: This event is complimentary to all GEO members and non-members.