18 April 2013
GEO's 2013 California Forum
|11:30 - 12:00
||Get lunch/settled and visit our vendor tables
|12:00 – 12:15
|12:15 – 1:15
|1:15 – 2:15
||Featured Presentation 1
|2:15 – 2:30
|2:30 – 3:30
|3:30 – 4:30
||Featured Presentation 2
|4:30 – 5:00
||Break Out Discussion Tables
|| Raffles (must be present to win)
Equity Market Analysis – Trends and Recent Developments Affecting the Global Economy
by Katie Klingensmith, UBS.
Featured Presentation 1:
Performance Awards – Rewarding Results or RSUs in Disguise?
Emily Cervino — Fidelity Investments
Jon Burg — Radford
Trends, Tips and Traps with Today's Performance Equity. The presenters will consider equity strategy, where performance equity fits in, and challenges and opportunities with performance equity.
Tax Issues in Share-based Compensation - An Executive Summary
Josh Lurie, COO – ARMtech, Moderator
Tom Burger, Director of Tax - Bristol-Myers Squibb
Steve Simi, Director of Professional Services, Corporate for Tax Provision – ThomsonReuters
John Sabochick, Director Best Practices – ARMtech
What do stock administrators need to know about tax? This presentation will answer that question by explaining the following:
- Basic concepts of tax accounting, such as current and deferred taxation,
- Flow of share-based compensation data through the tax department and onto the financial statements,
- International tax issues, including the impact of employee mobility and charge-out of share-based compensation, and
- Integration with other tax systems (checklist of take-away considerations).
All topics will be illustrated with examples given by a representative of Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Featured Presentation 2:
Going Global: The Challenges and Best Practices for International ESPP.
Susan Garvin – Stock & Option Solutions, Inc.
Jon Doyle – International Law Partners
Lydia Terrill – TIBCO
Can you ever have too much of a good thing? When ESPP crosses the US border, it can seem that way for those who are charged with complying and managing around the myriad regulations, tax treatments, and administrative issues that come with having a global ESPP. This presentation will dive into the pool of challenges you need to know in order to avoid the most common mistakes involving global ESPP.
- Overview of specific regulations affecting ESPP around the world
- Participant communication and education
Also included this year are the discussion tables. Discussion table topics include:
- Performance Award
- Mobility issues & design considerations
- Mobility issues & implementation
- China - still SAFE?
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Different stages of IPO
- Global ESPP
- Administrator one-off's - Am I the only one...?
- Administrative challenges of tax qualified plans
Discussion facilitators will be posted soon.
Also, back by popular demand are the candy table sponsored by Accurate Equity and specialty wines served throughout the event sponsored by Fidelity Stock Plan Services. New for this year are valet parking sponsored by Charles Schwab and a taco station offered during happy hour sponsored by ARMtech.
We look forward to seeing you there!