THE FUTURE OF GLOBAL SHARE OWNERSHIP
GEO offers a vibrant community and rich suite of resources for our global members, helping them to stay connected, stay updated and tackle their most pressing equity challenges.
Founded in 1999, today GEO is committed to providing the opportunity for employees around the globe to share in the wealth they help create.
Our members access a vibrant global community supported by the resources, education, insight and perspectives that enable their share plans to succeed.
GEO is governed by an elected Board of Directors representing multi-disciplinary industry leaders located in various geographies
OUR GLOBAL COMMUNITY
GEO has around 5,000 individual members representing companies and professional firms in more than 60 countries around the world.
- Stock plan administration
- HR, compensation and benefits
- Executive pay
- Compliance and legal
- Finance and accounting
- Employee communication
- IT and support services
- Decision makers and influencers
- Issuer executives, managers, administrators
- Attorneys, accountants, tax advisors, brokers, and consultants
- Academics and government representatioves
- Public and private companies
- Pre-IPO, LLC and partnership equity structures
- Service providers
- Academic institutions
- Government bodies
- Non-governmental agencies
GEO - UNIQUELY DIFFERENT
At GEO, we aim to deliver a brilliantly unique professional experience for our global equity compensation members, with heartfelt spirit so people want to return time and time again.
CAN DO ATTITUDE
We are positive can-do membership made up of industry leading professionals.
ABOVE AND BEYOND
We do our very best for our members and for the organization.
PROFESSIONAL AND CARING
We celebrate innovation and creativity to become world leaders within our industry sector.
WE ARE REFRESHING
We aim to provide members with new and appealing content, events and learning experiences
HOW IT ALL STARTED
In 1999, Carine Schneider had a visionary idea: to establish a global community where share plan professionals could exchange ideas and collaborate. With this goal in mind, she assembled a group of industry leaders in equity compensation and founded the Global Equity Organization (GEO), serving as Chair of the Board for 18 years until 2017.
Recognizing the importance of having an international perspective, Carine asked Janet Cooper OBE, who was then leading the global Linklaters share plan business from the UK to help connect her with professionals from Europe and other parts of the world to share best practice and join the GEO Board. Janet served as a board member for 24 years before stepping down in 2023.
Thirty-five founding members set out to raise $250,000 in seed funding from various organizations - these became GEO's Founding Sponsors. From the outset, GEO was established as a non-profit organization, with all membership fees and sponsorships directed towards supporting and reinvesting in its members.
Today, the Global Equity Organization remains a vital resource for professionals in the equity compensation industry, fostering a global community that promotes best practices, knowledge sharing, and collaboration. Thanks to the vision and dedication of its founders, GEO has become a leading voice in the industry and a catalyst for positive change.
- Charles Schwab
- Compensation Venture Group
- Deutsche Bank Alex Brown
- E*TRADE FINANCIAL
- Global Reward Plan Group
- HBOS Employee Equity Solutions
- Hewitt Bacon & Woodrow
- Merrill Lynch
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Pinsent Masons
- Prudential Financial
- UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- Watson Wyatt Worldwide
FOUNDING BOARD MEMBERS
- Mark van Beusekom
- Mark Curtis
- Saundra Gibson
- Liane Jones
- Carol M. Rutlen
- Carine Schneider, FHE
- Michael D. Singer
- Bernice Toy
- Fred E. Whittlesey, CEP
FOUNDING STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Alyce Werdel, Baker and McKenzie
- Camille Mendiola, Volpe, Brown and Whelan
- Susan Friedman
- David Schneider, DS Web Builders
- Ed Burmeister, Baker and McKenzie
- Fred Hackworth, European Centre of Employee Ownership
- Malcolm Hurlston, European Centre of Employee Ownership
- Umesh Gala, India
- Jackie de la Houssaye, Salomon Smith Barney
- Calvin Jackson, Watson Wyatt, London
- Jeff Graham, E*Trade Business Solutions
- Barbara Baksa, E*Trade Business Solutions
- James Humza, PaineWebber
- Jill Zidaritz, CEP, Sybase
- Hans Kothuis, Watson Wyatt, Hong Kong
- Mike Brody, Transcentive
- Mark Selinger, Corporate Management Solutions
- Mark Clem, Certified Equity Professionals Institute, Santa Clara University
- Mary Kay Gannon, Starbucks
- Mark Curtis, Salomon Smith Barney
- Deirdre Myers, Watson Wyatt
- William Clayton, Clayton Design
- Seiichi Yamamoto, Watson Wyatt, Tokyo
- Marlene Zobayan, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Steve Lott, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter
- Jim Caltigirone, Ernst and Young
- Laura Reis, CEP, 3Com
- Tony Kirwan, The Law Network